EFFECTIVELY MANAGING THE INTERNAL PR FUNCTION
A 1-day interactive seminar for senior PR practitioners
Led by Susan Croft and ASC partners and PR experts
900 Arrivals and registration
930 Welcome, overview and introductions
945 KEYNOTE: A Seat at the Management Table? (Susan Croft)
1015 Q and A
1030 Managing a productive PR team (Gerry Griffin)
1100 Q and A
1130 PR Strategy and Planning (to include session on resources and case study) (Caroline Black)
1200 Q and A
1330 Guest presentation: The role of PR as seen from the management perspective
1400 Q and A
1415 PR Budgeting (Susan Croft)
1445 Q and A
1515 PR Measurement and Evaluation (David Phillips)
1545 Q and A
1600 Working with Agencies (Susan Croft)
1645 Final discussion
KEYNOTE – A SEAT AT THE MANAGEMENT TABLE
• Communications professionals need to bring thoughtfully conceived agendas to the senior mgt table that address the strategic issues of
business planning, resource allocation, priorities and direction of the organization.
• How to add-value in the organization
• Selling the value of PR throughout the company
• Conducting mgt audits on communications effectiveness
• The Future of PR. Where are we heading?
A glimpse of how the role will function in different organizations 10 years from now. The role of agencies and how they will operate. PR’s
contribution to the bottom-line. The size of the industry, etc.
MANAGING A PRODUCTIVE PR TEAM
Covers not only productivity, but also creativity and accountability.
PR STRATEGY AND PLANNING
Key elements of a PR plan. How to develop PR strategy and ensure that objectives are aligned with corporate goals. A case study example.
This session will also touch on the importance of measurement, and is a good entrée into the later presentation on measurement and
PR FROM THE MANAGEMENT PERSPECTIVE
Presentation from a senior executive in a major UK or international company. To cover:
• What management expects from PR
• How PR should be accountable
• Overview of the function in own organization
• Pitfalls and challenges
• How to develop a budget
• Budget Monitoring
• Working with suppliers
• Selling in your budget to management
• Contingency planning
• What happens when you are over budget?
MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION
Latest thinking on the subject. Providing tips and techniques for effective measurement. How to measure Output, Outtake and Outcome.
Media content analysis and other benchmarks.
WORKING WITH AGENCIES
• Selecting, managing and measuring your agency.
• How to get the best from the relationship
• When and how to say ‘Goodbye’
• Agency audits
A highly interactive, open session for all to contribute. An opportunity for delegates to raise any issues or concerns that have not been
previously covered. A further opportunity for everyone to air their views, and enter into provocative debate.
ASC Training & Consulting
COMMUNICATIONS TRAINING AND CONSULTING FOR
BUSINESS, EDUCATION AND NON PROFIT